- Learners can “go to school” by allowing the interface to direct experiences and thoughts into consciousness - instead of reading, listening and interpreting from our sensory feeds.
- A new profession would arise: mind-workers; with low-cost training (patterns fed into our brains), individuals can “lease” their “mind hour” to institutions via the MMI.
- Once programs and systems develop to interface with large number of mind-workers, this would become a new way of employment with only one qualification: a functioning mind.
- Human resources would demand a premium. Instead of technology replacing human labor, they now become enablers of broader employment.
- Feelings and thoughts would become commodities for exchange and purchase, leading to new media and entertainment industries.
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
MMI - Mind-Machine Interfaces
What are the possible socioeconomic impacts of a mind-machine interface?
Elon Musk described it as a “digital layer above the cortex that could work well and symbiotically with you,” in a way similar to the concept of cyberbrain in Ghost in the Shell (...). Neural lace would act as an interface which would regulate data exchange without permitting unfettered access - to prevent the mind from becoming “house cats” to AI.
For more informations about BCI/EEG press here.